Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

I don't know who to turn to.I've been in a very abusive

Customer Question
Hi,I don't know who...

Hi,I don't know who to turn to.I've been in a very abusive relationship with a man who has caused me so much anguish&pain.His lies,threats&abuse has led to me losing custody of my child&now he's got unsupervised custody of my child.If he was a good man,I wouldn't be worried for my child's sake.Even if I can't stop him from getting custody of my child,I think I want to sue him for damages to me.The memories of what this man has done to me are not memories that can be easily forgotten

Lawyer's Assistant: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Victoria

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

I have reported 2 counts of strangling by this man but he is a formidable liar who refuses to take responsibility for his actions&has managed to convince the police to drop the charges,I think by finding a loophole in the case

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Yes.I think I'm in a losing battle because I didn't press charges against this man when the strangling happened,I was a former addict who used drugs to cope with the abuse so my crime record is not clean while this man's record is

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Australia Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
1/9/2018
Solicitor: John Melis, Lawyer replied 6 months ago
John Melis, Lawyer

Dear customer, my name is***** solicitor in Melbourne, thank you for using Just Answer, I will assist with your question today.

have you placed a restraining order against your former partner ?

I've finally left him for good&although he's not harassing me anymore because he knows he can no longer control me&I will speak up,he has left me alone. But that doesn't mean he hasn't caused me grief ever since I left him.He threatened me that if I leave him,he will stop him from getting custody of our child&he has done exactly that by lying to DHS.I've been denied custody of our child&now DHS is going to give him custody.I'm not comfortable with my child being in this man's hands

do you have any parenting orders in place that are consented by the court ?

In the past few months ever since he threatened me,I admit that out of fear,I've been a mess.However,I've tried to stay strong for my daughter&pushed aggressively to do whatever DHS has asked of me, but unfortunately,my ex has made allegations about me that are untrue&DHS blindly believes whatever he says to them.No matter what I've done to debunk what my ex has said,DHS are so intent on believing whatever this man tells them.I could switch to live chat but I've always found that I can express things better in writing.I also would like to know if this is case worth fighting for.I just don't feel right about everything.I may be happy now that I've left this man but I really want my daughter with me

would you like to talk on the telephone.

I have extended a special offer for you.