Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

I need some help with a personal financial divorce

Customer Question
Hi I need some...

Hi I need some help with a personal financial divorce settlement which involves property overseas.

Lawyer's Assistant: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Wa

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

We have court orders for the financial settlement

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

The orders were done in 2007

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Australia Law
1/9/2018
Solicitor: John Melis, Lawyer replied 6 months ago
John Melis, Lawyer

Dear customer, my name is***** solicitor in Melbourne, thank you for using Just Answer, I will assist with your question today.

are you wanting to do the financial separation through the court or amicably without court proceedings ?

The financial settlement was written up in 2007 and details set out. I have only now received an email from my ex husband stating that he wants it changed. he wants to write up new orders stating I receive basically nothing. he has spoken with a lawyer and has given me the lawyers name. I just need someone to go over these details and ask for proof of what he is stating.

was the financial agreement consented by the court ?