Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

We had our garage door fly off in a storm and damage our…

Customer Question
We had our garage...

We had our garage door fly off in a storm and damage our car. The house is insurered with one company and the car another.

Lawyer's Assistant: What state is this in? And how old is the car?

Sorry I hit enter before i finished typing. We're in Victoria, my question- is the house insurance responsible for the car damage as its associated damages?

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Yes the assessor took photos of all damage including the car.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Australia Law
1/8/2018
Solicitor: John Melis, Lawyer replied 6 months ago
John Melis, Lawyer

Dear customer, my name is***** solicitor in Melbourne, thank you for using Just Answer, I will assist with your question today.

the issue of whether the house insurance will cover the care will depend on whether the door is at fault.

on the basis of what you have described the house insurance should cover the car damage.

however this will be subject to the policy conditions

does this answer your important question today