Have Australian Law Questions? Ask a Lawyer Now.

Purchased a faulty TV. Victoria. We reported fault on a TV…

Customer Question
Purchased a faulty TV ...

Purchased a faulty TV

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Victoria

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

We reported fault on a TV purchased early December 2017 on 16/12/2017 and problem was temporary fixed by telephone since promises to send tecnechians to fix have not eventuated.They will refund but we have to deliver TV a long way as we purchased on line.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I advised if not fixed in 48 hours due to our constant conversations they have to uplift as I will not deliver the 55inch TV,

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Australia Law
1/8/2018
Solicitor: John Melis, Lawyer replied 1 month ago
John Melis, Lawyer

Hi, my name is***** solicitor in Melbourne. Thank you for using Just Answer, and I will be with you shortly.

the tv will come under the consumer warranty and can seek a replacement tv from the seller or refund if they are unable to replace the tv.

have you considered this option yet ?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
they want to refund my money but TV is not on special anymore also they want me to deliver it back to where I purchased from as I brought it on line from Billy Gyatts and they are at least 40/50kms away.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I am a retired pensioner and cannot afford to pay any more I thought t65he ombudsman would help free of charge.

in this case you my be able to negotiate with them that they pay for the return. If they refuse you may be able to raise the cost of this return under the warranties of the Australian Consumer Law

Have you considered this option ?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
thank you John

you are most welcome.

You can come back to this post any time to ask questions and there will be no further charges to you.

Don't for get to rate me for 5 stars as this will allow me to continue to answer your important questions.

John Melis, Lawyer