Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

I have a landline phone problem, just contacted optus and…

Customer Question
Good afternoon, my name...

Good afternoon, my name is***** have a landline phone problem, just contacted optus and they want to charge me 150.00 just to come and check if there is a problem outside the house if not found. I was given a number for a private techo... Mr Telco.... they want 180.00 +25 for ever 15 mins over the hour... and if the fault is found outside... then i still get charged, and they send a notice of fault to whoever!!!. my tech problem is that my phone is giving a continual engaged tone... dot dot dot dot... instead of the dial tone. I have not been able to make or receive a call since approx 9am this morning. the last techo I spoke to ( 5 mins) ago indicated that it sounded like a crossed line to him... if so this is definitely beyond my responsibilities.. I've been with Optus for the last 25 years.. I;ve never had a problem like this and there is absolutely no service to me as a customer. what are my options please>?

Lawyer's Assistant: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Brisbane qld

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Yes I have reported the problem with optus. and as I was not happy with his reply, I asked to be referred to his supervisor. he is supposedly upgrading my complaint to a supervisor... am still waiting to hear from them

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Well just what are my options for getting a satisfactory solution and getting optus to accept their responsibility to maintenance please

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Australia Law
1/8/2018
Solicitor: John Melis, Lawyer replied 6 months ago
John Melis, Lawyer

Hi, my name is***** solicitor in Melbourne. Thank you for using Just Answer, and I will be with you shortly.

have you considered make a formal complaint in writing in to optus regarding the matter yet ?