Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

Is it against the equal opportunity act to have in a clubs…

Customer Question
Is it against the...

Is it against the equal opportunity act to have in a clubs bylaws, that the positions of President, Vice President , Secretary and assistant Secretary be filled by 2 males and 2 females. Thank You Maree Madden

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

I am in the State of Victoria.

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No just doing the by laws now.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I don't think so

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Australia Law
1/8/2018
Solicitor: John Melis, Lawyer replied 7 months ago
John Melis, Lawyer

Hi, my name is***** solicitor in Melbourne. Thank you for using Just Answer, and I will be with you shortly.

the rules are subject to the constitution, do you have a copy of them ?