Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

I'm separated from my husband but we lived in the same

Customer Question
I'm separated from my...

I'm separated from my husband but we lived in the same house.i have since moved out, he is stopping me from getting anything out of the house and the police told me I was intitled to 50% of everything that is there. we were married for 35years. Is it true am I intitled to 50%of everything

Lawyer's Assistant: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Queensland but we were renting so its only the contents cars and boats. one of the boats is in my name as well as a car. all he says its MINE I have reciepts

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Well I am in the process of filling out DVO papers to stop all the txtx demanding HIS stuff back

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No just want to know were I stand in regards ***** ***** the contents cars and boats

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Australia Law
1/8/2018
Solicitor: Daniel, Solicitor replied 6 months ago
Daniel, Solicitor
Hello, no, there is no 50/50 hard and rest rule. Police know little about family law and do not go on what they say.You do however need to settle your separation, seek a property order to have you paid out your share.Married 35 years, you would be entitled to around 60%. He needs to pay you put that figure or negotiate something close to.
More info:http://www.familycourt.gov.au/wps/wcm/connect/fcoaweb/how-do-i/apps-orders/property-financial-orders/fcoa-apply-for-property-and-financial-ordersIf easier, i can speak on the phone about all this.
Please click accept and rate my service (with the stars). I am able to answer further questions after doing so at no further cost.
I appear to not have a response?Please click accept and rate my service (with the stars). I am able to answer further questions after doing so at no further cost.

Hello
I note I have not received a response?
I wish to help you in this situation.

Hello
I note I have not received a response?
I wish to help you in this situation.