Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

If somebody admits to destroying another persons property on…

Customer Question
If somebody admits to...

If somebody admits to destroying another persons property on their request for a restraining order form, which is actually against the person whom had their property destroyed.. To me, she has admitted to "Destroying another persons property"? Why is she not arrested & charged like i was for making a threat... Which i admitted to!

Lawyer's Assistant: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Victoria

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Yes.. Like what??

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

By filed or reported, what exactly does that mean?

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Australia Law
Answered in 1 hour by:
1/7/2018
Solicitor: Leon, Solicitor replied 6 months ago
Leon, Solicitor
Good morning I am Leon a solicitor from Sydney. You have to make a report to the police. You can then use the admission on the restraining order as evidence against them. The police can then decide if they charge them. I hope this makes sense and is of assistance. If there is nothing further please rate my work 5 stars so I can be paid for my work.
Regards Leon