Have Australian Law Questions? Ask a Lawyer Now.

Can a police officer come to your door, and demand that you…

Customer Question
Can a police officer...

Can a police officer come to your door, and demand that you leave that minute? Is it usual practice to have a lone cop, who then threatens you with coming back later (visit took place at 11.30pm tonight), if you're still not out when he returns, he'll kick down the door, and drag you out. We were given notice, but still are not out. Why would the officer not have his partner? W

Lawyer's Assistant: Since laws vary from place to place, what state is this in? And when did this happen?

NSW

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

We received a letter giving notice

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Australia Law
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
The police officer didn't identify himself, and his name badge was missing. His reaction seemed over the top, (the mention of coming back and if we were still in the house, kicking down the door, and dragging us out, )and the fact that he had no id name badge on, made me nervous. Surely, police seek safety in numbers, and their partner is there for their protection, as a witness, to their demeanor on each individual call out? Also, it would be about as much about their own protection, as well as the general public's safety too. Having two officers, is a way of The Police, being policed?
1/7/2018
Solicitor: Leon, Solicitor replied 1 month ago
Leon, Solicitor
Good Morning. I am Leon a solicitor from Sydney.
If they have damaged the property you can request they compensate you. You can lodge a complaint against them to the police corruption commission. I hope this makes sense and is of assistance. If there is nothing further please rate my work 5 stars so I can be paid.
Regards
Leon, Solicitor