Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

We recently signed a 12mth lease for a rural property with…

Customer Question
Hi there, we...

Hi there, we recently signed a 12mth lease for a rural property with house, shed & granny flat. The landlord now wants to put a dwelling for himself to live in, plus he has dumped rubble that wasn’t there on inspection. In total he has occupied 2000 sqm of the advertised 20,000. Plus he wants to drive past our dwellings to access where he wants to erect his dwelling.

Lawyer's Assistant: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Are we entitled to compensation. Thankyiu

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Londonderry, NSW 2753

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Only a letter by us to the agent. We only signed on 30 Nov 2017.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Australia Law
1/7/2018
Solicitor: John Melis, Lawyer replied 4 months ago
John Melis, Lawyer

Dear customer, my name is***** solicitor in Melbourne, thank you for using Just Answer, I will assist with your question today.

if the lease says that it is exclusive occupation then the landlord cannot build a house or use the property for his own purpose and you have a right to raise a claim of trespass against the landlord if they access the property without your permission.

does this answer your question today ?

Deborah Awyzio
Deborah Awyzio
Deborah Awyzio, Solicitor