Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

Im a casual, Home and community service worker and have been…

Customer Question
Hi there, Im a...

Hi there, Im a casual, Home and community service worker and have been for 7 years now. I find Im needing to go on a disability pension to have 2 knee replacements, Im currently still working but would like to know if I am entitled to pro rata if I leave for medical reasons.

Lawyer's Assistant: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Opps sorry Im on the Gold coast, QLD

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No not yet ,I've been putting it off for as long as I can, but know I wont be able to for much longer

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No I don't think so. I came from Tassie to get work, to boast my super, I alone here and have to go home to family for their support while in rehab, don't thing I will be able to work again before retirement age. Im 64

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Australia Law
1/7/2018
Solicitor: John Melis, Lawyer replied 4 months ago
John Melis, Lawyer

Hi, my name is***** solicitor in Melbourne. Thank you for using Just Answer, and I will be with you shortly.

the condition of entitlement will be subject to your employment contract.

what does your employment agreement say.

There is nothing there regarding pro Rata

in this case Pro Rata will not apply.

Have I answered your important question today ?

Ummm not sure about that, Was told if I needed to leave work after 7 years for medical reasons it would be paid even if causual

if it is a work place injury, yes will have a claim under Work Cover.

Are you claiming a work place injury ?

I have extended a special offer to talk on the telephone if you prefer ?

I think Ostio would be hard to prove its a work place injury, but im sure it would have not helped the situation

ok

so how would you like to approach the matter.

you could try and negotiate with the employer if you prefer ?

Have you considered that option ?

Deborah Awyzio
Deborah Awyzio
Deborah Awyzio, Solicitor