Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

Can I draft my own Enduring Power of Attorney without a

Customer Question
Can I draft my...

Can I draft my own Enduring Power of Attorney without a solicitor and

Lawyer's Assistant: Can you tell me what state this is in? And just to clarify, what paperwork has been filed?

Signed by a JP or Chemist

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No, I am writing it now because it costs to much money

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

And the will as well

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Australia Law
1/6/2018
Solicitor: John Melis, Lawyer replied 6 months ago
John Melis, Lawyer

Hi, my name is***** solicitor in Melbourne. Thank you for using Just Answer, and I will be with you shortly.

you can draft your own enduring power of attorney, however, it will need to follow the rules of construction and be witnessed by a person that is able to wittiness affidavits.

Power of Attorney documents are not expensive to have draft depending on which lawyer is used. Even if you have a cost effective budget I do recommend using lawyer for that proper protection as it will make an enormous difference when the power comes into force.

Have I answered your important question today ?

Sorry I have to go to church now . Bye

ok, talk to you soon.