Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

I have been working as a casual employee with my business…

Customer Question
I have been working...

I have been working as a casual employee with my business for 8 Months now hoping to be signed on as an apprentice. Then 1 month ago I told them that I am supposed to get penalty rates and after they looked into it they writ up a full time contract which they back dated to the first day I started employment saying I was full time hoping I would sign the day the wrote up the contract they wanted me to sign it that day and I said I want to take it home and read it forst. When I did I wasnt happy with it and they were pressuring me to sign so 2 days agter receieving my contract i felt I had no choice but to resign, what are my rights

Lawyer's Assistant: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Queensland and the Business is a PTY

Lawyer's Assistant: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?

I am a second year apprentice small engines Mechanic

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

My award is MA000010

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Australia Law
1/6/2018
Solicitor: John Melis, Lawyer replied 6 months ago
John Melis, Lawyer

Dear customer, my name is***** solicitor in Melbourne, thank you for using Just Answer, I will assist with your question today.

do you have a copy of your employment contract that you can upload.