Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

I have tried to change my service provider from Telstra to…

Customer Question
I have tried to...

I have tried to change my service provider from Telstra to TPG. After trying to connect with TPG I am fed up because ever since I trasfered I have not been able to get a service. It appears that TPG who use Vodaphone is not available in this area. After charging me around $50 for services they now want to charge me another $11 to port my number back to Telstra. This is not right. They sold me a product they could not privide & now want to charge me more to leave.

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Customer:***** Pt. Clinton SA My name is*****'Reilly

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I don't think so

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Australia Law
1/6/2018
Solicitor: John Melis, Lawyer replied 6 months ago
John Melis, Lawyer

Hi, my name is***** solicitor in Melbourne. Thank you for using Just Answer, and I will be with you shortly.

did you raise the issue in writing yet to Telstra ?

No I was just seeing where I stood with the law on this issue

you have a legal right to change subject to the exit termination clause in the contract that you signed with Telstra

what does the exit termination clause say on the agreement you entered into with Telstra