Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

I have been dismissed as head house keeper because or bad…

Customer Question
I have been dismissed...

I have been dismissed as head house keeper because or bad reviews from cleaners the manager hired. that i have put on report and had request to talk with manager about staff and issues for weeks but he's not been available or answering my notes or messages. he hired me as head of house knowing i have my own business to run also so id come train and organized the cleaners and do the rosters for him. i also brought my cleaners in who he wouldn't pay on contract but had to be hired by the motel so he didn't have to pay our company rate. he also sacked one of them and threatened another 2 if they not loyal to him they will be sacked also. where do i stand?

Lawyer's Assistant: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

I know of alot of breaches he's done. payroll disputes and non payment plus refuses to give us the payroll contact details so that we can sort out our pays, left us 2 weeks over christmas new year with no pay & advance of part of pay refused. south australia.

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

We are house keepers but he has us doing yard work, cleaning bbq's and going there bins for recycling without providing ppe.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I put in a reoprt this morning but unti meeting was held was told to wait for outcome of meeting. i reported to co-workers that see shannon eves often that i need to catch up when he's not busy left notes on his computer for him. put in written warning on staff that he hadn't looked at or signed off on.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Australia Law
1/5/2018
Solicitor: John Melis, Lawyer replied 7 months ago
John Melis, Lawyer

Hi, my name is***** solicitor in Melbourne. Thank you for using Just Answer, and I will be with you shortly.

have you considered raising a unfair dismissal claim yet

thats what i thought i was doing but got put threw to you. lol i also taped the meeting, i advised him after via text message as he has us tape by video camera's threw out the motel. i felt it fair that i had voice recording of meetin. was informed in advance by co-workers he was going to dismiss me and that they had til friday to think out who they are going to work for him or me. we are all casual.

have you filed a claim at the Fair Work Ombudsman yet ? Based on what you have said the claim would most likely be that of bullying conduct .

i have a reference number from this morning but havent put in a claim as dont know where to start as he is in so many vialations. ref###-##-####spoke to racheal.

would you like to have a talk by telephone and we can canvas the issues that you are facing in more detail if that helps you.

just use a valid credit card and we can talk straight away.

i updated card details and it sent payment error

may be you can try processing it again.

you have been great and i think i will take this to the local osbudman and fair trades. i had thought i was doing that but was refered to you so id like to rate you now plz

is there anything else I can help you with today ?

No but thank you

you are most welcome

its not letting me rate you 5 stars and i dont want to submit without rating you.

thank you

i also recommended you via facebook.

Thank you for supporting just answer

wish you all the best for 2018