Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

This is to do with car insurance. i had a minor traffic

Customer Question
This is to do...

This is to do with car insurance. i had a minor traffic prang in a shopping centre carpark. the other woman says it's my fault. her ins. company has contacted me with a form to fill in to give my version of events - which totally contradicts the other woman's. i only have CTP ins. a friend has just told me that i'm not obligated to fill in the form and can just leave it. is that correct?

Lawyer's Assistant: What state is this in? And how old is the car?

NSW. my car? - it's abt 2004. hers is much newer, no idea of year though

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

I assume she's filed wth her ins. company, hence the form they've sent me

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I don't think so

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Australia Law
1/5/2018
Solicitor: John Melis, Lawyer replied 7 months ago
John Melis, Lawyer

Dear customer, my name is***** solicitor in Melbourne, thank you for using Just Answer, I will assist with your question today.

great. tks.

you are not required to complete any forms unless order by the court.

if your CTP require you to complete a form they will advise you on the same.

the form you received you should forward that to the CTP.

Does this answer your important question today ?

CTP is my compulsory third party yes? is this answer valid seeing as it was minor damage to her car not any personal injury?
no. i don't need to speak to you in person, this is a simple question. much appreciated.

if it is only minor damage you should not complete the form as it could make you liable for a larger damage claim.

I have sent a special offer to you

beautiful. thank you for yr response. enjoy yr day.

have I answered your important question today ?

why on EARTH have i been charged $76 on top of the $5 i agreed to when i asked my initial question. i did NOT authorise any further payment!! pls forward this to yr complaints department. i want a refund asap. thank you.

I will forward on to the support for you

I have extended a special offer to talk on the phone if you need too.

No! i do NOT want any special offers. i want my $76 refunded as i did NOT authorise it to be deducted. all i want is to be contacted by 'support' as you call it and have my money refunded. thank you.

I have sent your request to support to assist, please allow a little time and support will come back to you.

is there any other matter I can assist you with ?