Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

I have been asked to agree to a service guarantee waiver as…

Customer Question
I have been asked...

I have been asked to agree to a service guarantee waiver as a condition of being connected to a phone service and ADSL. Is this legal?

Lawyer's Assistant: Because consumer protection law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Victoria and the service provide is Westnet (iiNet)

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No. I was asking for the existing service to be transfered to an new phone line as I have moved apartments. I was told this had to be treated as a new connection and agreed to this despite it incurring an additional charge.After this was set up I received an email telling me I had agreed to the waiver (which I have not at this point done). When I rang to enquire I was "told no waiver no transfer of services".

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No thanks.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Australia Law
1/4/2018
Solicitor: John Melis, Lawyer replied 3 months ago
John Melis, Lawyer

Hi, my name is***** solicitor in Melbourne. Thank you for using Just Answer, and I will be with you shortly.

have you written a formal complaint to the provider yet ?

Deborah Awyzio
Deborah Awyzio
Deborah Awyzio, Solicitor