Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

I have been withheld from service by my employer and they…

Customer Question
I have been withheld...

I have been withheld from service by my employer and they are threatening dismissal over a private conversation that took place in my private time and not on any company property with friends that also work for the same company.

Lawyer's Assistant: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Nsw

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Yes there have been formal allegations presented in writing

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I have been withheld from service for nearly 2 months

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Australia Law
1/4/2018
Solicitor: John Melis, Lawyer replied 7 months ago
John Melis, Lawyer

Hi, my name is***** solicitor in Melbourne. Thank you for using Just Answer, and I will be with you shortly.

have you received any written notice from the employer yet ?

i have received a formal letter of allegations

ok,

it is important that you write a reply to the allegations disputing the same.

if the employer does end up terminating you, you will use the letter of defense that your write to raise a claim at the Fair Work Ombudsman for unfair dismissal.

does this answer your important question ?