Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

My partner 28 (US citizen) and myself 33 (AU citizen)

Customer Question
Hello, My partner 28 (US...
Hello, My partner 28 (US citizen) and myself 33 (AU citizen) started dating in March 2017. He travels to Australia sometimes for business and I have been to the US twice to visit him on a tourist visa. We want to move in together and would like to know what options are available for him to migrate to Australia? I would also like to know what the options would be if I fell pregnant while he was here on a business trip?
Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Australia Law
1/4/2018
Solicitor: John Melis, Lawyer replied 7 months ago
John Melis, Lawyer

Dear customer, my name is***** solicitor in Melbourne, thank you for using Just Answer, I will assist with your question today.

the first option is to consider partner visa, which he can apply for from the USA.

have you looked at the border security website for partner visa's ?

I have looked briefly, but it said we have to have been in a de facto relationship for 12 months?

then the next option is to consider a tourist visa or educational visa

have you considered either of these options ?

He needs to be able to work here so I don't think the last 2 are suitable

ok. on the student visa there are available work conditions.