Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

I maintain that i am not in a defacto relationship with my…

Customer Question
I maintain that i...

I maintain that i am not in a defacto relationship with my flat mate.

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Centerlink take the position that i am, how can i proove that i am not in a defacto relationship. i say that i am not in a defacto relationship. Queensland

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

I have made application for centerlink allowances. centerlink have denied

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

How do i prove that i am not in a defacto relationship.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Australia Law
1/3/2018
Solicitor: John Melis, Lawyer replied 7 months ago
John Melis, Lawyer

Hi, my name is***** solicitor in Melbourne. Thank you for using Just Answer, and I will be with you shortly.

you will need to demonstrate that you are not in a de facto relationship.

this can be done by obtaining statutory declarations from friends which confirms the same.

bank account details are separate and bills are no longer in joint names etc.

does this answer your important question today

if i state that i am not in a defacto relationship then how can centerlink say otherwise??

if you were in a relation before and that has not ceased, you need to show that it is over..

to demonstrate the relationship is over you can do this by obtaining statutory declarations from friends which confirms the same and showing bank account details are separate and bills are no longer in joint names etc.