Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

I have recently attended a hearing at ACAT for a claim of…

Customer Question
Hi, i have recently...

Hi, i have recently attended a hearing at ACAT for a claim of $9,140.00. i had a collection agency represent me which turned out to be a total disaster.after 4 1/2 hrs all we heard was about the respondents counter claim & about 5 mins of my claim, as a result the member stated that neither party had a claim. as a result i wish to appeal & am desperate for time as i must lodge the appeal by 11/1/2018.i can win the appeal as the other party statements & witness are total lies & falsification of documents. i need an urgent discussion with a lawyer to proceed with these matters . kind regards, ***** ***** mob(###) ###-####

Lawyer's Assistant: What state is this in? And when did the issue begin?

The 3rd & final state

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Just when can i have a face to face meeting

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Australia Law
1/3/2018
Solicitor: John Melis, Lawyer replied 6 months ago
John Melis, Lawyer

Hi, my name is***** solicitor in Melbourne. Thank you for using Just Answer, and I will be with you shortly.

the collection agency that represented you, did they use a legal firm to prepare the merits of the case ?

no

ok in order to win on an appeal, you will need to have the statement (points) of claim drafted by a lawyer to argue the points of law correctly.

are you will to consider this aspect ?

the collection agency were the only ones there

with appealing you will need to the assistance of lawyer for the next step.