Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

I don't want any money from my parents will. What should I…

Customer Question
I don't want any...

I don't want any money from my parents will. What should I do?

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

NT

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No both parents still alive

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I do not want any more contact with my parents

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Australia Law
1/3/2018
Solicitor: John Melis, Lawyer replied 6 months ago
John Melis, Lawyer

Hi, my name is***** solicitor in Melbourne. Thank you for using Just Answer, and I will be with you shortly.

if you do not want the benefit under the will, you can reject that benefit in writing to the executor named under the at will and they will distribute your share of the estate in accordance with the will excluding you.

The executor will need to sign a binding agreement that you relinquish your benefit under the will and that you will not be able to many any future claim

is there any reason why you do not want the benefit ?

My parents are 79 and 80. What help I try to navigate through the WA health service just back fires because my parents believe I just want to get them committed to a nursing home. Please send information to get me removed from will

you cannot actually be removed from the will.

when the executor takes control under the will and they contact you you can then follow my comments below:

thanks

you are most welcome

is there anything else I can help you with today ?