Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

What is traffic offence 2403, western australia, yes, no…

Customer Question
What is traffic offence...

What is traffic offence 2403

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Western australia

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Yes

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No thanks

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Australia Law
1/3/2018
Solicitor: John Melis, Lawyer replied 7 months ago
John Melis, Lawyer

Hi, my name is***** solicitor in Melbourne. Thank you for using Just Answer, and I will be with you shortly.

what does your penalty notice say ?

Hi John,I am in WA.My notice says:Make left turn when not in far left lane, corner Alexander drive and Grand promenadecode 2403demerit points 2 fine $100I cant find a code 2403 in the Traffic Act nor can the person at Infringement Management Centre - after ringing the Morley Police station I got the impression that 2403 is a police local code.However:ROAD TRAFFIC CODE 2000 - REG 2222 . Making left turn as indicated by turn line(3) A driver may turn left at an intersection in a manner other than that indicated by a turn line if —(d) the driver can safely turn left other than by the manner indicated by the turn line.I feel my turn was safe - there are 4 lanes. One turns right, two straight ahead and the left lane has an arrow on the road indicating left turn.I turned left from the lane one across from the left lane into Grand Prom which is two lanes.The photo shows no traffic in the left lane so my turn was safe.

was there any picture from a traffic cam ?

can you upload the pic ?