Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

I need a legal answer in regard a house between me and my…

Customer Question
I need a legal...

I need a legal answer in regard a house between me and my ex-husband

Lawyer's Assistant: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Im in Victoria and the house is in Queensland

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Australia Law
1/3/2018
Solicitor: John Melis, Lawyer replied 7 months ago
John Melis, Lawyer

Hi, my name is***** solicitor in Melbourne. Thank you for using Just Answer, and I will be with you shortly.

can you tell me more about your issue please ?

is the the title of the house in joint names or tenants in common

It is joint names

in this case you will need the other party's consent to sell or it can be done under the process of a financial separation agreement.

have you commenced the process financial separation yet ?

No thank you

is there an urgency to sell the property ?

I have extended a special offer to talk on the telephone if you prefer ?