Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

I purchased a vehicle and being that I was in a domestic…

Customer Question
I purchased a vehicle...

I purchased a vehicle and being that I was in a domestic violence relationship my ex defacto registered the vehicle in his name. A duty lawyer mentioned something about going through an ombudsman about this matter.

Lawyer's Assistant: What state is this in? And how old is the car?

Qld and its a 1999 mitsubishi magna

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No I cant afford civil court

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Australia Law
1/3/2018
Solicitor: John Melis, Lawyer replied 6 months ago
John Melis, Lawyer

Dear customer, my name is***** solicitor in Melbourne, thank you for using Just Answer, I will assist with your question today.

you can raise a claim directly through the local court if you wish on the basis of conversion.

in the local court you can run your own case

have you considered this option ?