Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

I have a mental sick son and I have to put his house and car…

Customer Question
Hello, I have a...

Hello, I have a mental sick son and I have to put his house and car in my name. Now I am 65 years and want to apply to age pension. What can I do with Adrian's house and car??? Can I put all into disability trust??? He can't have something in his name because people can trick him and he sign documents or sell them for nothing. It's happened before.

Lawyer's Assistant: What state is this in? And how old is the car?

NSW - Coffs Harbour

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Perpetual trustee is managing the disability paymeny

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Adrian is 40 years old and has a very bad mental illness

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Australia Law
Please send the answer to my e-mail.
Thanks
Elena Lori
1/3/2018
Solicitor: John Melis, Lawyer replied 6 months ago
John Melis, Lawyer

Dear customer, my name is***** solicitor in Melbourne, thank you for using Just Answer, I will assist with your question today.

do you have power of attorney to act on his behalf ?