Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

I received a call from a company called People energy on 6…

Customer Question
I received a call...

I received a call from a company called People energy on 6 th December 2017 to “tell” me about their company and what rates they could offer. I said on at least3 Occassion s I did not want to change power providers as I ha not a had a bill from the provider I had only engaged on the 12th Oct2017. Unfortunately I found it exceedingly difficultTo understand the person from People Energy. have since contacted them to say I had not agreed to getting power thru them, spoke to a supervisor and today I spoke to another supervisor. Have also spoken to the preferred provider AGL twice. Why does this have to be so difficult. I feel bullied.

Lawyer's Assistant: Can you tell me what state this is in? And how long has this been going on?

Victoria and since about. The middle of December

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Only the phone calls I have made and promises from both companies to fix the problem

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Only that I have always paid my bills and I find it hard to understand some of the people who contact us pushing their sales

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Australia Law
1/3/2018
Solicitor: John Melis, Lawyer replied 7 months ago
John Melis, Lawyer

Dear customer, my name is***** solicitor in Melbourne, thank you for using Just Answer, I will assist with your question today.

have you issued a formal complaint in writing yet ?

No

I recommend issuing a formal complaint, in a chronological order of of events explaining what actions you have taken.

do you need assistance with this point ?

I will lodge a formal complaint and get back to you if there is no proper resolution. Thankyou
Elespeth

you are most welcome

wishing you all the best for 2018

I have also extended a special offer to talk on the phone if you need.

You can come back to this post any time to ask questions and there will be no further charges to you.

Don’t forget to rate me 5 stars as this will allow me to continue to answer your important questions.