Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

I would like to know how does it take for probate on will…

Customer Question
I would like to...

I would like to know how long does it take for probate on will take to finalise

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

New south wales

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

I believe the probate was to go to the supreme court last july

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Australia Law
1/3/2018
Solicitor: John Melis, Lawyer replied 6 months ago
John Melis, Lawyer

Dear customer, my name is***** solicitor in Melbourne, thank you for using Just Answer, I will assist with your question today.

collection of assets occurs and the estate cannot be distributed prior to 6 months from the date of probate being granted.

estate distribution ranges between 6 to 12 months subject to the complexity of the estate assets and call in of those assets.

does this answer your important question today ?