Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

I contributed Towards my pension before I arrived in

Customer Question
Hi Pearl, I contributed...

Hi Pearl, I contributed Towards my pension before I arrived in Australia from South Africa on a parents contributing Visa. I am now an Australian Citizen and lodged my pension with the Governmentnearly 10 years ago. I believe my pension is going to be paid to me as from February this year. How do I find out when and who do I contact please Regards,

Lawyer's Assistant: What is your official status? Do you have any pending applications or petitions with USCIS?

Im not too sure what you mean. I am 69 and have been working since my arrival with my wife almost ten years ago. We are 69 and 65 respectively

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Not to my knowledge, I have no idea where to start. I lost my business two ago as the Landlords would not renew my 0ption of lease as they decide they want to develop the property we were on for 5 years. A wedding Venue. I tried to claim my pension and was informed by centrelink that I will only start getting my pension in February of 2018

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No I dont think so Thanks Regards, ***** *****

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Australia Law
1/3/2018
Solicitor: John Melis, Lawyer replied 7 months ago
John Melis, Lawyer

Dear customer, my name is***** solicitor in Melbourne, thank you for using Just Answer, I will assist with your question today.

what paperwork did you file with centerlink

Just the normal application for my pension not realising ours was different to the normal qualification of a resident Australian.
I basically just need to know where to start, who do I contact. I am out of work , 69 years old . my wife is working to keep us alive at this point. she is 65. I have secured a bus driving job from 22 January 2018 , so at least then Ill have an a regular income.

ok

would you like to have a talk by telephone ?

i have extended a special offer to consider.