Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

Katrina. Queensland. I think I would like to file a Peace…

Customer Question
Queensland Lawyer's Assistant: What...

Queensland

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have been taken so far?

I think I would like to file a Peace and Good Behaviour Application against someone..... I just want to know if 'orders' or 'directions' can be granted in the process...? e.g. If the magistrate can make an order for evidence... such as phone records of the respondant? and If criminal charges can be laid against the respondent in the process of the hearing? and lastly if I can add names to the order.... e.g. associates of the respondant? Thank you

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any papers in Queensland family court?

Not as yet

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer about this yet?

No I havent

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Just those 3 main questions.... Thank you

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Australia Law
1/3/2018
Solicitor: John Melis, Lawyer replied 7 months ago
John Melis, Lawyer

Dear customer, my name is***** solicitor in Melbourne, thank you for using Just Answer, I will assist with your question today.

all three points you have raised can be dealt with by the magistrate but you need to be able to substantiate the reason for the orders be required.

the court will not issue orders unless the claims are supported.

can you support such requests ?