Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

We have been trying to contact Telstra regarding hardship.

Customer Question
Hi, we have been...

Hi, we have been trying to contact Telstra regarding hardship. My nephew was given an iPad and modem amounting to approx. $150 per month and he does not have a job and did not have a job at the time. He is currently not able to meet the payments. We are getting the run around from Telstra. They say they will call back but don't. What can we do next?

Lawyer's Assistant: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

He was in Queensland at the time but is now in Victoria.

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

He has been to speak to Telstra and now we have been trying to help. It has all been done via the phone.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Australia Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
1/3/2018
Solicitor: John Melis, Lawyer replied 6 months ago
John Melis, Lawyer

Hi, my name is***** solicitor in Melbourne. Thank you for using Just Answer, and I will be with you shortly.

the next step is to issue a formal written complaint to telstra explaining the situation and what actions have been undertaken in a chronological order to rectify the matter.

did your nephew sign any agreement for the items that have a monthly plan payment ?

in this case he will be bound by the agreement

however, if you address the matter clearly in writing to telstra they will consider assessing the payment plan at their discretion.

would you like to try that option ?

Thanks for the advice. We’ll negotiate the payment with them. I’m appalled they give contracts to someone has has no income.

you are welcome.

You can come back to this post any time to ask questions and there will be no further charges to you.

Don't for get to rate me for 5 stars as this will allow me to continue to answer your important questions.