Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

I have a few first instant warrants and i want to turn

Customer Question
I have a few...

I have a few first instant warrants and i want to turn myself in but want to see my Children before i do this and want a legal document in place to protect myself from the police

Lawyer's Assistant: Since laws vary from place to place, what state is this in? And when was the warrant issued?

Nsw

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

No i havent yet

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I have a a complex situation

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Australia Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
1/2/2018
Solicitor: John Melis, Lawyer replied 7 months ago
John Melis, Lawyer

Hi, my name is***** solicitor in Melbourne. Thank you for using Just Answer, and I will be with you shortly.

can you explain more details about the warrant ?

I allegedly send threatening text to my partner and i have been in another state and havent been following my parole conditions and failed to appear for a seperate court matter unrelated incident involving a corrective service officer
Listen i want a legal document in place to allow me a 2 days with my children before i hand myself in to police in dubbo new south wales

did you receive a summons that you can upload.

No i am a fugitive i am on most wanted list

would you like to talk on the telephone, i have extended a special offer to you if you prefer ?

I just want to know if it is possible for me to get a solicitor to get the police to agree to me handing myself over to them in return i see my children first without the thought of them and arresting me in front of my Children and make it easier for everyone involved
or no ?

yes this can be done for you, which is called a surrender.

Thank can you send me a link so i can get more info so i know more about it.

its just matter of talking to a lawyer to arrange the surrender requirements

would you like to talk to me on the phone.

No thanks mate
Also the $45 taken from my account will i be getting that back

ok,

I recommend that you prepare a statement for the police before surrendering in affidavit form.