Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

We are living in South Australia and have had our grand

Customer Question
daughter in our care for...
We are living in South Australia and have had our grand daughter in our care for eight years. We sent her to her mother for a holiday, our grand daughter appears to be under stress and has asked to be returned back to us. Her mother has refused we are only wanting what's best for our grand daughter if she was happy to stay with her mother then we would be happy for her. What can we do to help our grand daughter to make a decision for herself as she is only nine
Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Australia Law
1/2/2018
Solicitor: John Melis, Lawyer replied 4 months ago
John Melis, Lawyer

Dear customer, my name is***** solicitor in Melbourne, thank you for using Just Answer, I will assist with your question today.

was there a parenting arrangement in place between the parents ?

No

ok

the next step is to put in place parenting arrangements with consent orders by the court.

would you like to go this path ?

How long would that take please

with the Family Court it can take up to 3 months.

if the matter is settled amicably between lawyers it could resolve much earlier

would you like to talk on the telephone, I have extended a special offer to you if you prefer ?

3 months is to long We don't want to stress her out more thank you

ok, understand

the only way is through a parenting agreement as this provides certainty for your daughter.

have I answered your important questions today ?

Deborah Awyzio
Deborah Awyzio
Deborah Awyzio, Solicitor