Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

We would like to know how we can get our grand daughter

Customer Question
We would like to...

We would like to know how we can get our grand daughter back

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

We are in South Australia and our grand daughter is in Perth

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Our grand daughter has been with her mother for a holiday but wants to come back by us her grand parents we had her for eight years and she wanted to go for a holiday by her mother. Our grand daughter has been crying and has told her mother she wants to come back to us. We need legal advice in what we an do we do not have custody only our grand daughters passport as we are from NZ

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Australia Law
1/2/2018
Solicitor: John Melis, Lawyer replied 7 months ago
John Melis, Lawyer

Hi, my name is***** solicitor in Melbourne. Thank you for using Just Answer, and I will be with you shortly.

was there a parenting arrangement in place between the parents ?