Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

Do you any information about tenants that sublet a unit,

Customer Question
Do you any information...

Do you any information about tenants that sublet a unit

Lawyer's Assistant: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state the property is in?

Through Airbnb

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Yes to the realestate ,we took screen shots and to realestate and airbnb

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

He is saying they are friends to the realestate atm

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Australia Law
1/2/2018
Solicitor: John Melis, Lawyer replied 6 months ago
John Melis, Lawyer

Hi, my name is***** solicitor in Melbourne. Thank you for using Just Answer, and I will be with you shortly.

if the head lease does not provide the permission to sublet, then a breach notice may be issued to the tenant.

are you a landlord or tenant ?

Landlord.
Has signed as a sole occupant
Have told the realestate with screen shot proof of Airbnb listing and booking dates.
Tenant has since taken done listing on Airbnb
Have spoken to Airbnb to investigate.My question is why hasn't the realestate sent a breach notice with the proof we have given?
Just won't to know where www stand with this situation

this will be subject to the authority you have extended to agent by the authority form you have signed.

if you have signed a complete agency authority for all management aspects of the property, you can raise a claim against the agent for breach of duty of care.

you can cancel the authority from the agent and any damage to your property you can pursue against the agent and tenant jointly.

I recommend that you check the insurance on the property too, just in case it does not cover subletting by a tenant.

have I answered your important question today ?

How do I start this process with the realestate please

there are two ways to go

issue a formal complaint letter raising a breach of their duties

or terminating their authority subject to the document you have signed with them

I have extended a special offer to talk on the phone if you prefer ?

Have I answered your questions today ?

It popped up and went away sorry

ok

I send you another offer

can I have it written sorry for feed back and correspondence

we can keep chatting in this forum if you prefer

or you can choose to accept the telephone offer that is presented.

Keep chatting here.
So they are the above steps.
I'm in Queensland is this the same law everywhere.
How do I cancel the authority for the lease and realestate contract
Can we on proof we have to do that?

yes its the same process.

you need to issue a cancellation letter under the authority you signed.

Ok. Even though his lease hasn't run up yet?

yes that is correct as there has been a breach under the lease .

you have a right to protect yourself.

Have I answered your question today?

right thank you

you are welcome

You can come back to this post any time to ask questions and there will be no further charges to you.

Don't for get to rate me for 5 stars as this will allow me to continue to answer your important questions.