Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

Iam from the tiwi island about a mth ago i tryed to bring a…

Customer Question
Hi my name is...

Hi my name is ***** ***** from the tiwi island about a mth ago i tryed to bring a bottle over to the island but the bottle was find at the airport by the police so admitted it was mine so they tipped it out and gave a spot fine of 190 dollars so pay that the next day then find out i was ban from my community club for 6 mths

Lawyer's Assistant: Since laws vary from place to place, what state is this in? And when did this happen?

Northern territory but i live on melville island

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

I was not charge but got a fine on the spot

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

My thoughts is when you get a spot fine its all over fine paid then get another second penalty again from the police that iam ban also from my community club

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Australia Law
1/2/2018
Solicitor: John Melis, Lawyer replied 7 months ago
John Melis, Lawyer

Hi, my name is***** solicitor in Melbourne. Thank you for using Just Answer, and I will be with you shortly.

what did the second fine say ?