Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

I have a unit in a" motel" complex that I own. It was lease…

Customer Question
I have a unit...

I have a unit in a " motel " complex that I own

Lawyer's Assistant: Where is the property located?

It was lease on an agreed short term lease of two years finishing on the 31/12/17 but the motel owner has continued to rent out the unit . even though he was advised I needed the keys and would collect them today at 12 noon

Lawyer's Assistant: Has any paperwork been filed?

It is unit 51*****. there was atwo year lease

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

With acertificate under section 21 for short term leases can I just reclaim by changing the locks

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Australia Law
1/2/2018
Solicitor: John Melis, Lawyer replied 7 months ago
John Melis, Lawyer

Hi, my name is***** solicitor in Melbourne. Thank you for using Just Answer, and I will be with you shortly.

did you have any written agreement in relation to the lease you had ?