Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

Enduring powers of attorney remain valid even if the donor…

Customer Question
Quot;Enduring powers of attorney...

Quot;Enduring powers of attorney remain valid even if the donor is no longer mentally competent." as per A Guide for people appointed as administrators under the Guardianship and Administration Act 1986 OFFICE OF THE PUBLIC ADVOCATE. If this is valid and correct, as we speak, why it is that VCAT had suspended these powers on the mere application filed by Social Work and Legal at hospital (where represented person is an in-patient) the represented person had lost CAPACITY (diagnosed officially) - based on incorrect/or unproven allegations ?

Lawyer's Assistant: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Vic

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Yes by confused allegations (or rather ramblings due to on long term memories from previous bad marriage with physical abuse involved - perhaps returned to haunt in-patient and step daughter's LIES - seeking vengeance on having banned from home due to unchrist***** *****fe styles in conflict.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

How can I revoke those suspension of guardianship and Administrator appointments made by VCAT decisions not properly conducted at hearing. Actually, this is a continuing saga I had previously talked about before VCAT decisions were made - with you folks.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Australia Law
12/31/2017
Solicitor: John Melis, Lawyer replied 6 months ago
John Melis, Lawyer

Do you have a copy of the power in question that you can upload?

Then I can review and advise you in more details.