Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

Citizen since 26/01/2010.I married an Indian girl in

Customer Question
I am Australian citizen...

I am Australian citizen since 26/01/2010.I married an Indian girl in Australia on 18/07/2009.The marriage was solemnised and registered in Perth Australia. I sponsored her TR PR and citizenship .After that she started maltreating me and transfer Aud 16000 to his brother account. I got divorced from her through family court of Perth. Which country law applies on me. She and her father are giving false complaints against me and my family. What should I do

Lawyer's Assistant: What is your official status? Do you have any pending applications or petitions with USCIS?

Accounts officer. No application or person withuscis

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Not in Perth.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I have no child or property at the time of divorce. She's also an Australian citizen since 26/1/2014.I got divorced on26/01/2016.she gave false complaints and statement to POLICE in India that is completely different than the Declaration given at the time of applying for partner visa and TR visa. There is no complaints of any home violence or cruelty or something against me and my parents in Australia or India

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Australia Law
12/31/2017
Solicitor: John Melis, Lawyer replied 7 months ago
John Melis, Lawyer

Dear customer, my name is***** solicitor in Melbourne, thank you for using Just Answer, I will assist with your question today.

so what is it that you exactly what to do ?

I want to take action against her. And stop her and her father to Harras me and my family in India by the police due to their false complaints against me and my family in India. What can be done in Australia as per Australia law

ok what you need to do is to file for a personal safety order AVO

would you like to consider this option ?