Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

The day after our father’s funeral my sister who was made…

Customer Question
Hi, the day...

Hi, the day after our father’s funeral my sister who was made executor of his will said that a car of his is promised to her daughter. His will states that all possessions are to be distributed evenly amongst his children. I have now found out she has told the estates lawyer that the beneficiaries agreed that she could have it and has changed Rego and ownership to herself. Is this ok or not allowed as I have definitely not agreed.

Lawyer's Assistant: Estate laws vary by state. What state are you in?

Nsw

Lawyer's Assistant: What documents or supporting evidence do you have?

Only our brother the other executor informing usbut the car has been taken

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Australia Law
12/30/2017
Solicitor: John Melis, Lawyer replied 6 months ago
John Melis, Lawyer

Dear customer, my name is***** solicitor in Melbourne, thank you for using Just Answer, I will assist with your question today.

where your sister has not acted appropriately you can raise a claim against her as executor to be held accountable.

would you like to do this ?

Not at this stage but thank you.

you are welcome

Have I answered your important questions today ?