Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

If my ex earns $50,000and the children are adiults do i need…

Customer Question
If my ex earns...

If my ex earns $50,000and the children are adiults do i need to pay spousal maintenance

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Queensland

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I have been separated for 6 months and the family home is being lived in by ex and children i pay 200 a fotnight wich covers bills

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Australia Law
12/29/2017
Solicitor: John Melis, Lawyer replied 6 months ago
John Melis, Lawyer

Dear customer, my name is***** solicitor in Melbourne, thank you for using Just Answer, I will assist with your question today.

spousal maintenance is subject to various matters surrounding your ex-partner.

these factors include age, health, work prospects for the future, living standard and so on under the Family Law Act.

Where spousal maintenance is claimed, you can argue against the same as well.

has your ex filed an application in the court ?

not that i know i would say no

ok

you can prepare yourself in advance against any potential claim that would come.

would you like to talk on the telephone about this ?

no

ok,

Have you commenced financial separation procedures yet ?

no maybe i should g see a lawyer up front
thanks

ok

I do deal in family law, and if you like I have extended a special offer to talk on the phone if you prefer. This will be far more cost effective than attending a lawyers office.

You can accept the offer and call when you are free if that makes it easier for you.