Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

My friend is an Australian Aboriginal shaman. He has a

Customer Question
My friend is an...

My friend is an Australian Aboriginal shaman. He has a certificate of search because the birth certificate registry could find no record of his birth being registered. He has been invited to Hawaii to share indigenous wisdom and therefore needs a passport. But is being told he needs an identity to get a passport, like a drivers license etc. but he can’t get a drivers license without a passport. A catch 22 situation. Is there a legal solution, and, if so, what would it cost approx.?

Lawyer's Assistant: It can cost anywhere from $10 to $100, depending on the type of issue and how much of the Lawyer's time your question is expected to take (how complex and lengthy an answer you require). Has anything been filed or reported?

Only the certificate of search,

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Australia Law
12/29/2017
Solicitor: John Melis, Lawyer replied 6 months ago
John Melis, Lawyer

Dear customer, my name is***** solicitor in Melbourne, thank you for using Just Answer, I will assist with your question today.

the next step is to arrange affidavits of verification of people who have known your friend for a long time.

you will need a minimum of 3 that can confirm his identity, greater than 10 years in length.

have you considered this option ?