Have Australian Law Questions? Ask a Lawyer Now.

We moved into a house 4 months ago and the retic was turned…

Customer Question
Hi there. We moved...

Hi there. We moved into a house 4 months ago and the retic was turned off. No testing done to see if it was in working order. I have turned it on and for the first time today it kicked in. A sprinkler head blew out of the ground and flooded the area (all gone now into the sand no problem there) but the real estate is saying that it is my responsibility to fix it.

Lawyer's Assistant: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

WA

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

I sent an email to the real estate agent today and she says its up to me to pay for a retic person to come and fix it at my cost. First time ever to be turned on by me.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No just this thanks

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Australia Law
12/29/2017
Solicitor: Daniel, Solicitor replied 1 month ago
Daniel, Solicitor
Hello, purchase or rental?
Deborah Awyzio
Deborah Awyzio
Deborah Awyzio, Solicitor