Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

I have had an issue with a moving company. They have lost…

Customer Question
I have had an...

I have had an issue with a moving company. They have lost and damaged several items and are now telling me i can get compensation. Is there anything i can do?

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Victoria

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

I have contacted the company multiple times and sent emails. They might be compensating me for the completely damaged items but not the ones i dont have to replace. but they are not going to compensate me for the missing boxes

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I dont think so

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Australia Law
12/29/2017
Solicitor: Daniel, Solicitor replied 7 months ago
Daniel, Solicitor
Hello, as with any consumer agreement, there is recouse for compensation.You should lodge an application to VCAT.
https://www.vcat.vic.gov.auForget negotiating, they clearly are thinking that you will not pursue them legally.Please click accept and rate my service (with the stars). I am able to answer further questions after doing so at no further cost.