Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

I am just wondering, recently I was about to get a car from…

Customer Question
Hi, I am just...

Hi, I am just wondering, recently I was about to get a car from Mercedes, we have agreed to a price and have paid the down payment. Also, they have promised that the car would be available on the 22nd of December. And when we got there, they told us that the car was not ready. So, we ask what can we do and whether they can give us a better deal, and very surprising what happened, the assistant sales manager told us that he sold this car with a bad deal, and advised us that he can sold the car easily (he clicked his fingers in front of us). I am very unhappy with his conduct. And I am just wondering what I can do about that.

Lawyer's Assistant: What state is this in? And how old is the car?

NSW, the car is brand new 2017

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Not as of yet. I believe that his conduct is very insulting and offensive as well I can feel a sense racism, given we are asians

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

That's all

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Australia Law
12/29/2017
Solicitor: John Melis, Lawyer replied 7 months ago
John Melis, Lawyer

Dear customer, my name is***** solicitor in Melbourne, thank you for using Just Answer, I will assist with your question today.