Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

I'm concerning a motor vehicle incident that I involved on…

Customer Question
Hi, I'm concerning a...

Hi, I'm concerning a motor vehicle incident that I involved on !6/05/2017, I have been charged for the amount of $1022.26 with the ref.no (###) ###-#### thinking it was to cover the cost of the damages I caused and I have been finalist my payment instalment on 12/12/2017, but now I have been received another letter with the different ref. no.2811479 for the amount of $27,910.40 to cover the cost of the damages but the letter did not detail what the costs were for,away too much I was shocking because I thought I already finalist my payment few week ago so I deleted all the picture that I took when the incident happens that time , it's only damage at the right back of the car, how they can charge me the price of

Lawyer's Assistant: It can cost anywhere from $10 to $100, depending on the type of issue and how much of the Lawyer's time your question is expected to take (how complex and lengthy an answer you require).

Hi, I'm concerning a motor vehicle incident that I involve on 16/05/2017 for the amount of $1,022.26 with the ref. no.2483287 thinking it was to cover the cost of the damages I caused and I already finalist my instalment payment on 12/12/2017 so I deleted all the picture that I took when the incident happens, but few days ago I received another letter in mail with the different ref. no(###) ###-####for the amount of $27,910.40 to cover the costs of the damages but the letter did not detail what the costs were for. It's away too much for the damages only the right back of the car. What should I do now for this problem?

Lawyer's Assistant: What state is this in? And how old is the car?

Is NSW

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

That's everything

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Australia Law
12/29/2017
Solicitor: John Melis, Lawyer replied 4 months ago
John Melis, Lawyer

Dear customer, my name is***** solicitor in Melbourne, thank you for using Just Answer, I will assist with your question today.

have you presented that material to your insurer yet ?

I haven't got an insurance when the incident involved

in your opinion where you are fault with the accident ?

I have sent you a special offer to talk on the telephone if you prefer ?

Deborah Awyzio
Deborah Awyzio
Deborah Awyzio, Solicitor