Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

I am talking on behalf of my friend. VIC. Not yet. Is there…

Customer Question
Hi, I am talking...

Hi, I am talking on behalf of my friend

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

VIC

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Not yet

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Is there anyway to be legal resident who has spend over 10 years in Australia?

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Australia Law
12/29/2017
Solicitor: John Melis, Lawyer replied 3 months ago
John Melis, Lawyer

Dear customer, my name is***** solicitor in Melbourne, thank you for using Just Answer, I will assist with your question today.

can you explain further your situation ?

i was in student visa. due to some circumstances I couldn't fulfilled my studies

have you tried other courses ?

i came here in 2007. 2 college that i was referred by immigration were shut down due to registration cancelled. The reason is those colleges were provideing an unauthorised subject

would you like to talk on the phone ?

I have extended a special offer to you to talk on the telephone if you prefer ?

sorry i dont have enough money to talk on the phone to be honest

are you presently in Australia on a valid visa ?

actually its my friend. No he is n't
he is illegal at the moment

In this particular important circumstance I do recommend talking on the telephone.

The moment your friend files any form of application there is a possibility that he will arrested and then deported.

i am sorry i ran out of my budget
that was the last $100 in my account

ok.

I recommend that you tell you friend to make a meeting with a lawyer ASAP.

its been three years he is illegal. is there any chances to be a legal resident in Australia

there may be grounds but it would be necessary to talk to the person directly.

may be you can accept the telephone offer and I can speak to your friend on the phone.

he came out of depression after his family support from his country. He was doing good, but then he lost his houses and few friends on big earthquake 2015 held in Nepal.
I am sorry John I have only $3 left in my account

there may be protective grounds that apply.

but I would need to speak with that person to have a complete understanding of the correct position.,

well i can leave his number, if that does help. but now I dont have money to grab any offer you give

ok

best solution is to tell your friend to contact a lawyer ASAP.

beside that any help you can offer for now?
is there any chances or hope for the guy who spent over 10 years in Australia without any criminal records except illegal state.

it is important that your friend prepare a plan with a lawyer to surrender himself to the authorities.

this is a very key point to avoid be arrested and deported.

can he apply refugee visa if incase the way you told doesn't help?

there are various grounds and these may be one of them subject to the facts.

no matter which option is chosen, he will be placed in to a detention center for breaching the visa conditions.

the advance plan before surrendering himself is very important.

how big chances is there not to get depot if he surrender?

no one can give a guarantee.

he lives in fear over the years. he lost his house. his father needs daily therapy. he had no choice but to suicide if he get depots that what he always said. i know this is not a solid excuse that Australian government would give him

he really needs to see a lawyer urgently

its been ten years, he hasn't achieved anything and he doesn't know anything back in his country. according to him, he wanted to live in fear for his whole life long at least he can save his parents.
thats the last thing he has to do. i am trying to convinced him but he has no hope but fear

ok, well keep on trying it is important.

well thanks for your quick responses. i will try him to amend his fault decision and advice him as you said
after we end up this conversation, it wont charge me back again or will it?

only what you have agreed too.

have I answered your important questions today ?

well all I can see is to visit lawyer. Regardless its the only way. but we are still hopeless

tell your friend to come to this post and I can chat with him, preferably by phone

does he get caught if he comes to talk to you? thats what he is asking right now

talk on telephone he is ok.

ok thank you for the response again. i hope we are at the end of the conversation

ok

if you come up with funds, I have left the special offer so you can accept and your friend can call me .

we will see. thank you

did I answer all your questions today to your satisfaction ?

yeah its average for us.

ok

so tell your friend to accept the call offer and then I can help him in detail.

sure

ok

that''s a good move as it will help to prepare for being placed into a detention center.

ok

I await your follow up.

what i have to do now?

get your friend to accept the telephone offer I presented and speak with me by telephone

we will do that later

ok

right now we are not in position to call you,

sure.

ok thank you

you are welcome

how do i end up this conversation
if i close the page. does it still charge me

just close the browser

ok thanks

you are welcome

Deborah Awyzio
Deborah Awyzio
Deborah Awyzio, Solicitor