Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

Seeking advice in relation to a dispute in an arrangement…

Customer Question
Seeking advice in relation...

Seeking advice in relation to a dispute in an arrangement over visitation with the childrens father (my brother )

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

W.A

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

It is my understanding the mother has custody and the 2 parents make arrangements together about visitation.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

This a free advice service?

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Australia Law
12/28/2017
Solicitor: John Melis, Lawyer replied 6 months ago
John Melis, Lawyer

Hi, my name is***** solicitor in Melbourne. Thank you for using Just Answer, and I will be with you shortly.

is there a parenting agreement in place, and was that agreement private or consented by the courts ?

The agreement for visation over Christmas was private. He has been trying to make arrangements for mths for christmas asking for 2 weeks holiday with them. 1 week before christmas she decided that he could only have them for a few hrs christmas day and the 3 days later for 1 week. He didnt return them, so a recovery order was sent for them yesterday.
Hi i am not paying for a call, just seeking advice on where to turn next and fathers rights

ok.

The next step once the recovery is in place is to have changes made the the parenting arrangements (agreement) in order to protect the children.

is this what you want to do ?

Do we seek a lawyer or a mediator?

my recommendation is to engage a lawyer to assist with the mediation.

I have extended a special offer to talk on the telephone for this important matter if you prefer ?

No thankyou. I just want to refer the information and its early morning here, people are asleep.

ok

Key point is to engage a lawyer to commence formal mediation to stop such action occurring again by having all matters documented, so it can be used in court proceedings if necessary at a late date.

Have I answered your important question today ?

Ok thankyou. We shall leave it there.

you are welcome

You can come back to this post any time to ask questions and there will be no further charges to you.

Don't for get to rate me for 5 stars as this will allow me to continue to answer your important questions.