Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

We looked at a new caravan with the view to purchase and…

Customer Question
Hi We looked at...

Hi We looked at a new caravan with the view to purchase and trade in our used van . They rang us later that afternoon with a change over figure payable . Over the phone we paid a sizeable deposit on credit card. The next day they emailed the contract for signing ,we signed and emailed back . Our trade in was not sighted by the dealer but a description was outlined in the appraisal .

Lawyer's Assistant: What state is this in? And when did the issue begin?

Sorry , haven't completed my query . on the contract they have a total vehicle sale price and then a few items as no charge , less deposit , less trade in price = Total payable . my long winded query is. we are not happy with the trade in price given as we believe it is under valued by them by $5000 - $7000. In terms and conditions clause 4.3 it states dealer can re value trade in price when delivered to dealership ,(it implies reducing trade in price DOES IT ALSO MEAN THE TRADE IN ALLOWANCE CAN BE INCREASED and contract altered to reduce amount payable . Can we dispute their trade in allowance and if necessary take the trade out of the contract if we so choose. We have also seen this new van on the web from the factory at approx. $5000 cheaper (which also adds to our worry . I can not see in the terms and condition any mention of cooling off period We are in Qld we saw the van on the 21/12/17 signed contract via signing and emailing back on the 22/12 . There has been a weekend and2 public holidays to totally review this contract. What are our options if any Thanks *****: Has anything been filed or reported?

What do you mean

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No I THINK THATS IT

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Australia Law
12/28/2017
Solicitor: John Melis, Lawyer replied 7 months ago
John Melis, Lawyer

Hi, my name is***** solicitor in Melbourne. Thank you for using Just Answer, and I will be with you shortly.

did the contract you sign state that the final price was subject to the trade on your other van ?

in terms and conditions clause 4.3 it states the trade in valuation may be altered once van is sighted and appraised. it implies reduced not increased that is one of my questions

can you upload the contract so I can review same please ?