Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

Currently I am working in client location from my company.

Customer Question
Currently I am working...

Currently I am working in client location from my company

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Got offer from client for full time

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?

They have advertised job role , based on my interest applied it

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Gone through the interview process and got selected for the role

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Australia Law
12/28/2017
Solicitor: John Melis, Lawyer replied 6 months ago
John Melis, Lawyer

Dear customer, my name is***** solicitor in Melbourne, thank you for using Just Answer, I will assist with your question today.

can you explain more about your issue please ?

HI John , THank you for reply. I have accepted client offer for full time base. Currently my company has contract clause with restraint client. I want to know more about any legal issue joining client

ok,

can you type out the restraint clause so I can review it please if possible ?

you must not , perform work for or provide services to restricted client in any capacity , where those services relate to Accenture services including competing servicesbecome engaged in any capacity with restricted client or any of its affiliates the engagement includes or likely to include Accenture services,competing services ,or is likely to threaten the client releationship or business interests of Accenture or Accenture group member

this seems like a broad clause.

would you like to talk on telephone so I can explain in detail for.

I have issued a special offer to you to consider if you prefer ?

Looks like already charged for $76. I don't want to spent more on this.

ok

understand. But for the small fee I can explain the clause in detail.

The restraint clause needs to be assessed relative to the job you do.

can you explain more about the work you do ?

I am working as associate manager from my company in client location.

are you dealing with client lists ?

Not getting your question

are you dealing with lots of clients, data base lists

Nope I am working for only one client and provide services to there software applications

in this case the restraint will be restrictive, which will limit your activities.

however, there may be ways around this issue subject to a full review of the contract

ok.

would you like to upload your contract and I will have a look.

sure

ok

I will wait

uploaded file

thanks

clause 23.3 is a problem for you and I recommend that you consider this clause carefully about future employment.

ok. Based on my interest applied job position at client place and got through the process. Joining client company based on contract will be any issue?

the restraint has a strong possibility to impact on your future employment when you leave the company.

I recommend taking the call option up so I can explain how to deal with situation.

ok. Thank you for advise. Let me think and get back to you.

ok.

have I answered your important questions today ?

Not 100% today. I will let you know if any further advise required. Thank you

well lets try and resolve the issue for you

what aspect are you not sure on ?